Paediatric nursing encompasses the care of well, ill, disabled and handicapped infants, children and adolescents. Emphasis on the programme is placed on the knowledge and understanding of the neonate infant child, and adolescent within the context of family and community. It is a one year program and the graduands will work in partnership with parents multidisciplinary/multisectoral team members in the hospital, home and in the community with a major goal of maintaining optimum health. The curriculum has been developed in theoretical unit and clinical placements based on the concept that the child is a whole person and a member of the family and community.
To empower nurses to render knowledgeable, safe, competent and ethically based paediatric nursing care.
Specific objectives: At the end of the course the participant should be able to;
- Acquire knowledge and skills on normal growth and development of children.
- Develop positive attitudes in the management of sick child using the nursing process.
- Manage a unit department institution and take leadership role.
- Carrying out paediatric nursing research.
- Develop skills in teaching methodologies.
- Growth and development,
- Paediatric medical/surgical conditions/diseases,
- Paediatric emergencies,
- Paediatric psychiatry
- Teaching methodology,
- Nursing Leadership
- Management and Nursing research.
Eligible Applicants and Number:
Not more than 30 participants including holders of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSc.N), Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse (KRCHN), Kenya Registered Nurse (KRN), Kenya Registered Midwife (KRM)
Ksh 280,000 for Kenyans and $ 3,059 for foreigners (Per participant)
The Fee covers: Tuition, teaching and learning materials.
Mode of payment: Money Transfer to Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital Bank Account or by Institutional Cheque
Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital, Professional Training Centre, Muthaiga Road, Nairobi
Duration of the Course:
Scheduled dates for the Courses:
April and October
February and August
Mode of Application:
By filling in the application form and mailing to email@example.com
- Internal(training staff, practicing paediatricians and hospital staff)
- External(other specialists from other hospitals and from outside the country)
Mode of delivery
Lectures, group discussions, group activities, assignments, presentations, role play and examinations
Apply now to:
Gertrude’s Institute of Chilld Health and Research
P.O.Box 42325 -00100
Tel: (+254) 759297589