This is a basic diploma course in nursing. At the end of the training, the graduate will be a qualified clinical nurse, community nurse and also a midwife.
- Minimum entry age – 17 years
- Aggregate KCSE (mean grade) C plain or KCE division II
- The mandatory subjects should include a minimum of:
- C plain English or Kiswahili
- C plain in Biology or Biological sciences
- C-(minus) in Mathematics or physics/chemistry/physical sciences
These requirements may change from time to time.
The training takes 3 years which includes both theoretical experience and clinical practice.
The course content includes:
- Community health nursing
- Medical surgical nursing
- Casualty/ emergency
- Theatre nursing
- Other selected experiences
March and September every year
February and August
Mode of Application:
With Ksh 2000/- Non Refundable application fee
Apply now to:
Gertrude’s Institue of Child Health and Research
P.O.Box 42325 -00100
Tel: (+254) 759297589