At Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital, your child’s Safety is our priority #ChildrenFirst. We are committed to ensuring that we are continually improving the quality and safety of the care that we offer to your child and family. At Gerties, we embrace scientific evidence and best practice in our day-to-day care of your child and family. We are committed to offering you the best in the region and beyond. Our promise in quality and safety is summarised in the acronym STEEEP; Safe, Timely, Efficient, Effective, Equitable and Patient Centered Care.
Our Quality and Safety Goals
- Improve clinical care outcomes
- Reduce variations in care
- Maintain high standards of patient safety through the implementation of the six international patient safety goals
- Maintain a safe care environment for you and your young ones
- Health Promotion to both the child and family.