To impact paediatric emergency knowledge, skills and attitudes to health workers in African set up.
At the end of the course, the graduate will be able to:
- Sort out children with emergency in outpatient.
- Assess the degree of effect of emergency.
- Treat emergency according to the assessment results.
- Recognition of the seriously ill child,
- Management of the seriously ill child,
- Basic life support and use of Bag Valve Mask(BVM),
- Foreign body removal (FBAO),
- Cardiac Arrhythmia,
- Airway Vascular Arrhythmia,
- Newborn Respiratory Failure, Circulatory Failure
- Scenario Demonstration.
Eligible Applicants and Number:
Not more than 32 participants including Nurses, Doctors, Clinical officers
The Fee covers:
Tuition, teaching and learning materials, venue, mid-morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and a certificate.
Mode of payment:
Money Transfer to Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital Bank Account or by Institutional Cheque
The course will be offered at the Gertrude’s Institute of Child Health and Research, , Muthaiga.
Duration of the Course:
Mode of Application:
By filling in the application form and mailing to email@example.com
With Ksh 1000/- Non Refundable application fee
Clinicians and allied professionals involved in the training of healthcare workers on the provision of resuscitation services in Africa.
Mode of delivery:
- Lectures and tutorials
- Small group workshops
- Small group discussions
- Skills stations demonstrations
- Skills Stations Closed discussions
- Open discussions
- Student-based Self-directed learning/facilitator teaching
Apply now to:
Gertrude’s Institute of Child Health and Research
P.O.Box 42325 -00100
Tel: (+254 20)206216/217