Adult learning, a structured approach to teaching, lecturing effectively, teaching skills, managing role plays and scenarios, facilitating discussions and workshops, getting assessment right, giving feedback, E-learning, the role of the instructor and annotated bibliography.
To impact teaching skills to health workers in order to effectively and efficiently train others in the field of HIV and AIDS.
- At the end of the course, the graduant should be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- How adults learn, an experimental circle and how to improve motivation.
- Structured approach to teaching, set, dialogue and closure.
- Value of the lecture, importance of questions and what and how to communicate.
- Importance of skills teaching and the four-stage approach to skills teaching.
- How to facilitate role play
- The different ways of facilitating group discussions and workshops.
- Different assessment approaches and how it may facilitate learning.
- The nature of role critiquing and how to give effective feedback.
- Nature of E-learning experience from point of view of learner and of facilitator.
- Mentoring and the essential qualities of an instructor.
Eligible Applicants and Number:
EPLS Providers who have passed well and selected by the instructors
Kshs. 30,000 for Kenyans and $375 for foreigners, per person.
The Fee covers: Tuition, teaching and learning materials, venue, mid morning teas and coffee, lunch, afternoon tea and coffee, certificate
Mode of payment:
Money Transfer to Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital Bank account or by Institutional Cheque
Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital, Professional Training Centre, Muthaiga Road Muthaiga, Nairobi
Duration of the Course:
Scheduled dates for the Courses:
Mode of Application:
By filling in the application form and mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinicians and allied professionals involved in the training of healthcare workers on the provision of resuscitation services in Kenya and UK.
Apply now to:
Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital
Professional Training Centre
P.O.Box 42325 -00100
Tel: (+254) 759297589