HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA COURSE IN PAEDIATRIC NURSING OR PAEDIATRIC CRITICAL CARE NURSING
The Gertrude’s Institute of Child Health and Research through the Kenya Pediatric Fellowship Program (KPFP) is offering scholarships for a 1-year specialty in Paediatric Nursing or Paediatric Critical Care Nursing.
Selected beneficiaries will undergo a one-year specialized training in either of the two programs. Upon successful completion of training, beneficiaries will be awarded a Higher National Diploma in Paediatric Nursing or Paediatric Critical Care Nursing depending on the specific area of training.
The KPFP scholarship will cover tuition fees, accommodation, and a stipend.
Candidates who meet the following criteria will be prioritized:
- Be a qualified registered nurse (KRCHN, KRN/M, BScN or BScM) from a recognized training institution.
- Have worked in a public health facility for at least one year.
- Registered to practice in Kenya by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Have a valid practice license.
- Currently employed as a nurse by a County government in Kenya, National referral hospital or a Faith based hospital.
- Secured approval and release by the current employer (e.g. County employees to be released by the county).
- Commitment from the current employer to continue paying salary during training.
- Evidence of bonding from the current employer.
All applications from interested candidates should be submitted directly to Gertrude’s Institute of Child Health and Research through the following application portal: https://shorturl.at/dKNV1
Further instructions on the application process can be found on the portal. The deadline for application is set for 10th February 2024. Only selected applicants shall be contacted. Further information/ enquiries can be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mobile 0759 297589