The course is geared toward impacting knowledge, skills and attitudes that are aimed at producing competent phlebotomist who will be offering efficient, timely and effective phlebotomy services to children in both inpatient and outpatient clinical setting.
They should be able to:
- Timely collect specimens from the patient
- Timely initiate intravenous therapy to paediatric patients
- Provide traumatic care of children who need cannulation and intravenous medication
- Give psychological care of the child and the family of the child in need of phlebotomy services
- Enhance interdepartmental and professional collaboration in child care
Anatomy and Physiology of the Blood Vessels, Stress Management, Paediatric HIV and AIDS, Basic Counselling Skills, Customer Service skills, Types of Specimen Containers, Amount of requirements of specimen, Safety procedures, labeling and cannulation
Eligible Applicants and Number:
Not more than 30 participants including Nurses, Clinical Officers, Emergency Medical Technicians, Patient Attendants, Lab Technicians and those aspiring to work as phlebotomists.
Mode of payment:
Money Transfer to Gertrude’s Institute of Child Health and Research Bank Account or by Institutional Cheque
Gertrudes Institute of Child Health and Research, Muthaiga Road Muthaiga, Nairobi
Duration of the Course:
3 Weeks. (One week didactic lecture- theory and two weeks Clinical practicum)
Scheduled Dates for Commencement:
February, April, July and November every year
Mode of Application:
By filling in the application form and mailing to email@example.com
Lecturers from Training Centre, doctors and lab technicians from the laboratory.
Apply now to:
Gertrude’s Institute of Child Health and Research
P.O.Box 42325 -00100
Tel: (+254 20)206216/217