Reporting to the Head of Clinical Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall operations of the relevant department. (Occupational/Physiotherapy/Nutrition/Psychology), and for reviewing, developing, implementing, and maintaining policies and procedures necessary to achieve therapy services at the hospital. The job holder will also provide administrative oversight of the department.
- Responsible for the overall smooth running of the therapies unit including coordination of care delivery, scheduling of services, related inventory management, and integration with internal and external parties to achieve internal service standards and customer expectations.
- Participate in the development, review, or improvement of policies and procedures. Oversee the implementation of requisite policies and procedures in the section.
- Ensure that the therapy services meet internal and best practice quality and safety standards and coordinate the implementation of requisite actions to assure such quality and safety.
- Supervise therapies staff including their performance management, work scheduling, continuous professional development, and fostering a good work culture in the section.
- Participate in the therapies section annual planning including budgeting and responsible for the execution and achievement of the sections annual service, process, financial, learning, quality, and customer objectives.
- Facilitate effective and cordial relationship(s) between the various therapies sections and internal and external stakeholders. This will include participation in multidisciplinary teams.
- Responsible for effective documentation and reporting of the therapies unit activities and performance through the hospital structures, tools, and processes. Address and implement necessary corrective and improvement actions arising from such reports.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Systems Management or related field from a recognized institution. (Diploma /Higher National Diploma in Occupational/Physiotherapy/Nutrition/Psychology) from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Two (2) years health care operations supervisory experience or three (3) years of progressive relevant experience with demonstrated success and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and to use initiative and independent judgment.
- Proven leadership, planning, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities 5. Ability to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
Interested in the position, send in your application enclosing your CV together with a one-page testimony detailing why you feel you are best suited for this position.
Applications should be sent via the recruitment portal https://apps.gerties.org:8073/login to be received not later than 30th June 2023.
“Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer”