Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital is the most established Paediatric hospital in East and Central Africa. The hospital provides healthcare to children in Nairobi and its environs as well as those referred from all over Kenya and neighboring countries. In addition to the one hundred bed facility at Muthaiga, the hospital runs a network of seventeen (17) outpatient facilities located in the suburbs of Nairobi and other parts of the Country.
To continue delivering on our promise of quality healthcare for children, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:-
Vacancy Announcement – Radiologist (1)
The position holder would be responsible for executing/performing specialized radiology procedures and interpreting medical images such as X-rays, CT scans, ultrasounds, and MRIs for the purposes of treatment.
- Interpreting the results from diagnostic imaging procedures to determine diagnosis.
- Communicating and discussing results and diagnosis with physicians.
- Suggesting the most appropriate medical imaging modality or techniques, for proper diagnosis.
- Explain to patients the medical imaging procedures to be performed.
- Performing or directing radiology staff to carry out image-guided, diagnostic procedures.
- Working with radiographers to perfect image quality.
- Following medical protocols for resuscitation, bleeding, infection, or other emergency situations, when necessary.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- MBCHB or MD from a recognized institution
- MMed (Radiology) from a recognized institution
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Valid Practice License
Interested in the position, send in your application enclosing your CV together with a one-page testimony detailing why you feel you are best suited for this position.
Applications should be sent via the recruitment portal https://apps.gerties.org:8073/login to be received not later than Tuesday 31st October 2023.
“Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer”