Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital is the most established Paediatric hospital in East and Central Africa. The hospital provides healthcare to children in Nairobi and its environs as well as those referred from all over Kenya and neighboring countries. In addition to the one hundred bed facility at Muthaiga, the hospital runs a network of seventeen (17) outpatient facilities located in the suburbs of Nairobi and other parts of the Country.
To continue delivering on our promise of quality healthcare for children, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:-
Vacancy Announcement – Radiographer (1)
The overall purpose of this job is to carry out imaging and screening procedures and produce images for diagnostics and treatment purposes in line with established protocols and the Hospital’s patient care objectives.
- Using radiographic equipment, including surgical and portable equipment to do x-rays.
- Prioritizing patients to complete all scheduled appointments and allow for emergency procedures.
- Monitoring the radiographic equipment and supplies and ensuring there are sufficient supplies by submitting purchasing request proactively.
- Facilitating the reporting of the images by the radiologist and ensuring they are posted to the respective doctors.
- Handling phone calls from patients and Doctors to answer technical questions and offer pre-procedure guidance.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Radiography from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with Society of Radiography Kenya (SORK) and hold a valid practicing license.
- Minimum of 2 years’ radiography experience preferably in a hospital environment
Interested in the position, send in your application enclosing your CV together with a one-page testimony detailing why you feel you are best suited for this position.
Applications should be sent via the recruitment portal https://apps.gerties.org:8073/login to be received not later than Tuesday 31st October 2023.
“Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer”