Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital is the most established Peadiatric hospital in East and Central Africa. The hospital provides healthcare to children in Nairobi and its environs as well as those referred from all over Kenya and neighboring countries. In addition to the one hundred bed facility at Muthaiga, the hospital runs a network of sixteen (16) outpatient facilities located in the suburbs of Nairobi and other parts of the Country.
To continue delivering on our promise of quality healthcare for children, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:-
Main Purpose of this Position
The Pathologist is responsible for performing all laboratory procedures required by clinicians or others for the management of patients and deals with testing for all patients both children and adults. The holder of this position will provide laboratory services as part of the multidisciplinary care process leading to desired patient care and service delivery outcomes.
Key Responsibilities of the Position
- Analysis of laboratory and clinical data and evaluating results to provide accurate information for problem solving.
- Organization and provision of general and specialist pathology services.
- Development or adoption of new tests or instruments to improve diagnosis or management of diseases.
- Education of clinicians, technologists, students, and other personnel.
- Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems, or process-related topics.
- Presenting accurately priority and budget setting options of the laboratory.
- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Optimization of services to enhance user confidence and customer satisfaction.
- Quality assurance in the laboratory.
- Liaising with other team members and the public in health promotion initiatives.
- Conducting research and presenting scientific findings.
Qualifications, Licensure and Experience
- MBChB degree
- Master of Medicine in Human Pathology (or equivalent)
- Licensed to practice as a medical practitioner in Kenya
- Registration as a pathologist by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Retention as a medical practitioner by the KMPDC
- Current indemnity license from a reputable insurance firm
- Minimum of 3 Years experience post MMed qualification.
Applications should be sent via the recruitment portal https://apps.gerties.org:8073/login to be received not later than 28th July 2023.
“Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer”.