Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital is the most established Paediatric hospital in East and Central Africa. The hospital provides healthcare to children in Nairobi and its environs as well as those referred from all over Kenya and neighboring countries. In addition to the one hundred bed facility at Muthaiga, the hospital runs a network of sixteen (16) outpatient facilities located in the suburbs of Nairobi and other parts of the Country.
To continue delivering on our promise of quality healthcare for children, we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:-
Clinical Pharmacist (1)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide individualized pharmaceutical care and participate in multidisciplinary care plans for in-patients.
- Develop and run the medication therapy management service.
- Review medication therapy and carry out clinical pharmacy interventions for both inpatients and outpatients in liaison with the patient care team.
- Conduct medication utilization reviews and engage in clinical and operational research.
- Reporting, monitoring and analysis of medication use problems e.g., errors, adverse drug reactions and other quality and patient safety indicators
- Carry out medication use counselling and adherence monitoring for high-risk patients and patients on chronic treatment.
- Prepare & submit clinical and management reports
- Participate in the development and support compliance to medication management and use policies
- Undertake medication reconciliation during patient admission and discharge.
- Participate and supervise staff in sterile compounding, chemotherapy reconstitution and extemporaneous preparations.
- Provide medicine information and education to patients, healthcare workers and other hospital personnel.
- Prepare articles on important medication related updates for publication within the hospital and externally as well as patient education leaflets.
- Maintain close interaction with relevant professional bodies ensuring that the department is kept abreast with all new developments in the pharmaceutical and related fields
- Conduct continuous professional development sessions for pharmacy staff
- Serve as an active member in appointed hospital committees and process improvement action teams.
Qualifications, Experience and Skill
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Pharmacy.
- At least 3 years after Master’s Degree in Clinical Pharmacy.
- Registration with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Possession of valid annual practicing license.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable supervisory skills
- Commitment to excellence and a can-do attitude
- ICT Proficiency
Interested qualified for the position, well, send in your application enclosing your CV together with a one-page testimony detailing why you feel you are best suited for this position.
Applications should be sent via the recruitment portal https://apps.gerties.org:8073/login to be received not later than 7th July 2023.
“Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer”.