The Ministry of Health through the Kenya Pediatric Fellowship Program (KPFP) is offering scholarships for a 1-year specialty in Pediatric Critical Care Nursing and Pediatric Nursing higher diploma Program at Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital.
The training program is implemented in support of the Ministry of Health and in collaboration with other stakeholders to develop specialized critical care and Pediatric nursing skills and thereby address acute shortage and poor distribution of specialized nurses within counties. The program is designed for holders of a Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse Diploma working in a clinical area and targets those in the public sector employed in County government facilities.
Selected beneficiaries will undergo a one-year competency-based training program at Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital. Upon successful completion of the training, beneficiaries will be awarded a Higher Diploma in Pediatric Critical Care Nursing or Pediatric Nursing depending on their chosen area of study.
In order to qualify, you will need to apply for your selected higher diploma directly to Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital.
To be considered for a scholarship, you must meet the criteria below.
- Be a qualified nurse with a Diploma in Nursing (KRCHN) from a recognized training institution.
- Must have worked in a health facility for at least one.
- Registered to practice in Kenya by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Currently employed as a nurse by a County government in Kenya.
- Secured approval and release by the County you are attached.
- Commitment from the County to continue paying your salary during training.
- Evidence of bonding from the County.
The KPFP scholarship will cover tuition fees and accommodation.
Applications from the following counties are invited; Garissa(1), Isiolo(2), Kilifi(1), Laikipia(1), Narok(1), Nyamira(1) Nakuru (1) Taita Taveta(1), Nairobi(1)