03 April, 2020
April 2, 2020
SERVICE DELIVERY & COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS
In light of the ongoing corona virus (COVID-19) pandemic and in adherence to the guidelines issued by the Government of Kenya, we wish to confirm that Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital has implemented the actions below to facilitate continued safe access of healthcare services and to respond to Covid – 19:
- All our facilities, including the Satellite Clinics (Outpatient Centres), remain open to provide emergency and outpatient services. The satellite centres operate between 7.30am and 5.00pm daily. The Muthaiga hospital is open 24 hours daily providing both outpatient and inpatient services.
- In line with the Ministry of Health and Kenya Paediatric Association’s guidelines not to disrupt vaccination services, all our facilities continue to provide vaccination services. This is being done through appointment to ensure social distancing.
- We have implemented processes to ensure social/physical distancing among the patients being attended to at the hospital facilities. As much as practical, only one parent/guardian is allowed to accompany a child to the hospital. We have also restricted visits to the patients admitted in the wards.
- Our theaters remain open to provide emergency/non-elective/critical surgeries.
- We have established a teleconsultation and home delivery process for prescription refills to patients on long-term treatment.
- We have provided a shuttle/bus service for patients from the city centre to the Muthaiga Hospital. The shuttle leaves from the August 7, Memorial Park, near Pioneer House.
- We have implemented a process to screen everybody accessing all the hospital facilities. This entails checking temperature and history of possible exposure to Covid – 19 in order to initiate early isolation, testing, and management. All samples tested so far have come back negative.
- We have established the highest level of infection prevention and control and provided adequate personal protective equipment (PPEs) to staff in all the hospital facilities.
- Although children are less adversely affected by Covid – 19, we have taken the precaution to set up an isolation unit should the need to admit a child with COVID-19 arise. This includes negative pressure rooms meeting international standards.
Feel free to reach out to us should you need to clarify any issue relating to this subject matter, or indeed any other relevant issue, through 0207206000, 0110923200, 0730645000, 0709529000, email@example.com.
Dr. Robert Nyarango
Chief Executive Officer