Reporting to the Radiologist, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall operations of the department, and for reviewing, developing, implementing, and maintaining policies and procedures necessary to achieve radiology services at the hospital. The job holder will also provide administrative oversight of the department.
- Responsible for the overall smooth running of the radiology unit including coordination of care delivery, scheduling of services, radiology related inventory management, and integration with internal and external parties to achieve internal service standards and customer expectations.
- Participate in the development, review, or improvement of radiology policies and procedures. Oversee the implementation of requisite policies and procedures in the radiology section.
- Ensure that the radiology services meet internal and best practice quality and safety standards and coordinate the implementation of requisite actions to assure such quality and safety. The requisite actions include effective radiology equipment preventive maintenance, achievement of service times, adherence to best practice protocols, quality assurance of both internal and outsourced radiology services, effective radiation safety practices, effective management of radiology contracts, compliance to legal and regulatory requirements, and continuous improvement.
- Supervise radiology staff including their performance management, work scheduling, continuous professional development, and fostering a good work culture in the section.
- Participate in the radiology section annual planning including budgeting and responsible for the execution and achievement of the sections annual service, process, financial, learning, quality, and customer objectives.
- Facilitate effective and cordial relationship(s) between the radiology department and internal and external stakeholders. This will include participation in multidisciplinary teams.
- Responsible for effective documentation and reporting of the radiology department activities and performance through the hospital structures, tools, and processes. Address and implement necessary corrective and improvement actions arising from such reports.
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Systems Management or related field from a recognized institution.
- Diploma /Higher National Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Two (2) years health care operations supervisory experience or three (3) years of progressive relevant experience with demonstrated success and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and to use initiative and independent judgment.
- Proven leadership, planning, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
Interested in the position, send in your application enclosing your CV together with a one-page testimony detailing why you feel you are best suited for this position.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com to be received not later than Friday 4th November 2022.
“Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer”