TERMS & CONDITIONS (T&C’s) FOR 24 HOUR TURNAROUND FOR COVID-19 TEST
In these terms are conditions the term “the hospital” means Gertrude’s Garden Children’s Hospital, the party referred to as “you“ is the client being tested for COVID19 at/by the hospital., and the word “test “refers to COVID19 PCR test.
- These T&C’s shall take precedence over any special conditions that may have been requested by you.
- Both parties agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
- Upon the receipt of sample and case investigation form, the hospital shall carry out the test, and send the results electronically to the e-mail you provided on the case investigation form.
- Test results shall be taken as delivered upon successful delivery of electronic mail with a PDF attachment of the test results.
- The Hospital shall carry out the test in accordance with internationally accepted good clinical practice.
- The hospital is not responsible for delays that may occur as a result of indeterminate & invalid results which though rare do occur in molecular testing. Indeterminate and invalid results will require a re-run of the test or collection of a fresh sample and while the hospital will try to meet the 24 hours turnaround time, it is likely that you will receive the results later than 24 hours.
- You are responsible to provide accurate details including your name, telephone contact, national identity card number or passport number, and e-mail address. For travelers this will include providing the current biodata as appears on travel document(s) and passport number. You will inform the hospital, immediately you notice any misspellings or discrepancies on the results report as regards your name or other personal information.
- Travelers to avail themselves at our facilities for sample collection no later than 48hours to travel time.
- The hospital will send results to you 24 hours from the time the sample was collected.
- For purposes of paragraph (9) above the definition of 24 hours is that results for samples collected between 8 am and 4 pm will be availed by 3pm of the following day.
- This agreement will not exclude liability or limit any liability for any of the parties for fraud and/or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- The Hospital’s liability in connection with performance or non-performance of services is only to the client.
- The sample collection at our facilities is done on appointment and minimal waiting time of fifteen minutes is assured for only those that make a prior appointment.
- In view of the requirements by regulatory authorities to share the test results including patient identify, you authorize the hospital to share your test results with the said authorities or their agents and therefore indemnify Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital against any issues that may arise as to the handling or disclosure of such information by the regulatory authorities or their agents.