At Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital we strive to give high standards of quality oral health care to children and families in a multidisciplinary team approach.
Our team of general dentists, pedodontists, orthodontists and maxillofacial surgeons endeavor to lead in safe, effective and patient centered dental care.
We offer a variety of general dental treatments to children of all ages and to adults at our main clinic in Muthaiga as well as at all our satellite clinics including:
- Digital dental imaging – orthopantomogram (OPG Xray) and intra-oral periapicals (IOPAs) to assist in diagnosis and treatment of various dental conditions.
- Tooth-colored restorations/fillings for children and adults.
- Silver (amalgam) restorations/fillings for adults.
- Tooth sealants – for young permanent teeth in children at high risk of caries.
- Full mouth scaling, polishing and fluoridation (gum therapy).
- Pulp therapy for baby teeth – pulpotomy and pulpectomy.
- Root canal treatment for young permanent and adult teeth.
- Management of fluorosis by masking and home bleaching kit for mild cases.
- Stainless steel crowns for pulp treated baby molars and young permanent first molars.
- Space maintainers for premature loss of baby molar teeth.
- Extraction of milk teeth as well as adult teeth.
- Management of oral trauma and accidents – mild injuries are handled at the clinic level whilst severe lacerations and fractures are handled by the maxillofacial surgeons in minor theater at Muthaiga.
- Replacement of missing permanent teeth by removable partial prosthesis/dentures.
We also offer specialised treatments for children at our Main Muthaiga Branch including:
- Dental treatment for anxious and fearful children 8 years under conscious sedation with midazolam.
- Specialist review by our pedodontists for conditions such as severe enamel hypoplasia, dentinal dysplasia, for special needs children, for behavior management and other specialized pediatric dental treatment.
- Full mouth restoration for special needs patients (autistic, cerebral palsy and down-syndrome) and for very young and uncooperative children.
- Orthodontic treatment – for alignment of crowded teeth and correction of open bite due to thumb-sucking, digit sucking or tongue thrusting habits.
- Surgical repair of cleft lip and palate through the smile train international program – Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital offers free surgery to cleft patients up to 18 years of age.