The Ministry of Health through the Kenya Paediatric Fellowship Program (KPFP) is offering scholarships for a 1-year specialty in Paediatric Critical Care Nursing and Paediatric Nursing higher diploma Program at Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital.
The scholarship program is implemented in support of the Ministry of Health and in collaboration with other stakeholders to develop specialized critical care and paediatric nursing skills and thereby address acute shortage and poor distribution of specialized nurses within counties. The program is designed for holders of a Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse Diploma working in a clinical area and targets those in the public sector employed in County government facilities
Selected beneficiaries will undergo a one-year competency based training program at Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital. Upon successful completion of the training, beneficiaries will be awarded a Higher Diploma in Paediatric Critical Care Nursing or Paediatric Nursing depending on their chosen area of study.
In order to qualify, you will need to apply for your selected higher diploma directly to Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital. To be considered for a scholarship, you must meet the criteria below.
1. Be a qualified nurse with a minimum of Diploma in Nursing (KRCHN, KRN/M) from a recognized training institution
2. Must have worked in a health facility for at least one year post graduation
3. Registered to practice in Kenya by the Nursing Council of Kenya
4. Currently employed as a nurse by a County government in Kenya
5. Secured approval and release by the County to which you are attached
6. Commitment from the County to continue paying your salary during training
7. Duly filled and signed Preauthorization Form (Form to be signed only by County Executive Committee Member-Health, Chief Officer of Health, County Secretary):
The KPFP scholarship will cover tuition fees, accommodation and a modest stipend to cater for upkeep and local travel.
Applications should be made through Gertrude’s institute of Child Health and Research email email@example.com .Download an application form from Gertrude’s Children Hospital website www.gerties.org and submit before 30th June 2020.