- Follow your spacer device us for directions on how many times a day your doctor wants you to take the medication
- Prime inhaler if using for the first time or if it has not been used for at least two weeks by shaking and spraying 4 puffs in the air
- Remove the cap from inhaler and the spacer, if using a spacer without the face mask.
(i) Shake the inhaler while holding it upright. Insert inhaler into the back piece of the spacer chamber
- Exhale (breathe out)
- Place spacing device in the mouth between the teeth and seal the lips around it.
- . Squeeze the MDI so 1 puff of medicine is sprayed into the chamber. Let the child breathe slowly in and out of the spacer 3-4 times. Use valve movements to count the number of breaths
- If the chamber whistles, breathe